Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Comment On Manipulation and Addiction

On November 5, 2007 I posted a blog entry on "Manipulation and Addiction". It can easily be located on this blog in "Blog Archive". Located in lower right side of blog.

I have received many important and meaningful comments related to the post on manipulation and addiction as well as comments on many other.  I am not sure if people have been reading the comments so I believe it is important to highlight some of them. this was a recent comment about the November 5, 2007 post.  I will highlight comments on other posts in the future.

"I have a daughter who has been on drugs for two years. She did two times in rehab and was successful during rehab but relapsed when she came out. She now lives away from home and is homeless. I am addicted to her every move and her every lie. I can't sleep at night and worry through the day. Today I am making a change and putting the focus back on me. I have been to AlaNon and used the program when I was living with my ex-husband. Somehow it was easier to put up boundaries and detach with love with my spouse than with my daughter. The result is that I am sicker because of it and all my controlling ways have not helped her one bit. Let it begin with me...I can't control it, cure it nor did I cause it. These are hard words for a parent to accept but I am powerless over her choices. So, for all you struggling with an addict, my heart goes out to you. Thank you for the reminder that addicts lie and manipulate and not to take it personally. Words to live by and I hope to do so".

Please read Manipulation and Addiction... November 5, 2007.

2 comments:

Rose Maria said...

My daughter(14) comes home at 3 am claiming she was sick from a friends house, her eyes are bloodshot and half closed!
She claimed to be tired but didn't want any stomach pills.
She's always being moody around me lately and is very secretive of who she is with and where she is going or doing.

When I asked her once if she was smoking with her boyfriend (15), she started screaming at me about how I always accuse her of everything and she walked out on me.

I know her boyfriend is a frequent marijuana smoker, but she told me she would never do this! She also comes home drunk very often, denies drinking and ignores punishments. She does well in school but recently her grades have started to drop. How long would bloodshot eyes last? Was this because she was high or was recently high?
Please help!
Alcohol Abuse and Addiction

Anonymous said...

I've read and watched so many videos on drug addicts behavior especially Crystal Meth users. However, I haven't been able to find anything on the manipulation part of addicts. My mother is the addict and as you can imagine its been extremely difficult this past 5-7 years. She literally is a master at manipulation. She can victimize herself to the point where everyone believes her. I mean she can turn anyone against us children for how we apparently treat her and then we become the worse kids in the world. Just recently we decided to put a stop to trying to help her and literally have left her alone. But the constant text messages, phone calls and voice mails are never ending. She texts us novels about how we are so wrong, how she can't believe we are doing this to her, how shes not a drug addict...etc. She has an excuse for almost every single reason that we have to even try to prove to her and people that shes addict and nothing works. She's literally killing us emotionally and I don't know what to do anymore. Do we just live with the emotional torture from her for the rest of our lives? Do we allow for family to hate us and believe she is right? I just need to relate to someone who is having difficulty with the manipulation part of an addict. Please help!